Another Option For Health Information
What happens when you have medical questions that need to be answered at a time other than 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.? With MedCost’s Nurse Advice Line, reliable health information is just a phone call away. (This service may not be included in all employer health plans. To find out if your plan has access and the toll-free number to call, please contact your HR Department.)
Speak With A Registered Nurse Any Time, Day Or Night
A single call to a toll-free number is all it takes. Caring professionals are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to help your members make informed decisions about their health. The Nurse Line staff can answer questions and provide guidance for callers who:
- Aren’t sure if they should make a trip to an urgent care center or emergency room.
- Need information about medications, medical tests, or procedures.
- Want to learn about a new or chronic condition.
- Have questions about how to stay healthy.
- Want to find ways to talk more effectively with their doctor.
Receive Up-To-Date Information Whether The Question Is Simple Or Complex
When your members need answers, the Nurse Advice Line nurses are there to provide the most current information to help them make important medical decisions. Members also can receive phone access to an audiotape library on numerous health and wellness topics.