Providers – Electronic Claims Submission
Currently, 99% of claims are submitted by providers to MedCost through Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). After repricing, over 88% of these claims are routed electronically to our payer partners. Because of the many efficiencies and benefits that electronic filing offers, we strongly encourage you to submit claims electronically. Click here
for guidelines on successful filing.
The Advantages Of Electronic Filing Include:
- Reduced costs and time associated with paper claim filing
- Faster receipt of payment
- Claim repricing of most claims within 1 business day of receipt
- Potential for electronic routing to our 70 connected payer partners after claim repricing
- Enhanced processing accuracy
If you are interested in submitting electronic claims to MedCost, you may wish to contact your practice management software vendor to see if they have an existing clearinghouse vendor. MedCost has direct connectivity with and receives medical and institutional 837 batch transactions from the clearinghouses listed below. If you need more information about any of these clearinghouses, please contact them directly.