Reclaim Your Time and Empower Employees
As a concept, self-service is nothing new. From supermarket self-checkouts to bank ATMs, people don’t want to have to wait for something if they know that they can get it themselves. It’s no different in the workplace — that’s why it’s essential for your employees to know that the MedCost Benefit Services member account is available to them and how they can benefit from using it.
Benefits for Employees and Employers
By eliminating the wait for help (and the frustration that goes along with it), employees feel more empowered, satisfied and in control. When they can interact with the plan using convenient desktop and mobile tools to make informed decisions and take action, the number of benefits-related calls, emails and office visits HR staff must field will decrease, and exposure to PHI will be reduced. The benefits to the business go much deeper than relieving pressure on the HR department:
- Relevant, personalized information increases interest and helps to educate members about their benefit plans, which engages members in their care and lowers costs.
- When members elect to receive EOBs electronically, mailing costs are reduced, keeping administrative costs lower.
- The email address provided during account creation can be used to drive care management program recruitment, cutting outreach time and improving response vs. traditional mail.
The self-service tools available at www.MedCost.com/MyMedCost and via the My MedCost mobile app provide health plan members with the benefits information they need in an instant:
- Print an ID card or access a digital version
- View EOBs
- Download claim forms
- Find an in-network provider
- Track year-to-date deductible and out-of-pocket limits
- View health plan benefits and summaries
- Check account balances and transactions
- Submit questions to customer service
Talk with your MedCost Benefit Services account manager about tactics you can use to keep this important resource top of mind. Thank you for the important role you play in promoting the member account.